Have you ever thought about hiring a car? If ‘NO’, then the cause behind this might be the additional charges that are being levied by rental car service providers. So, in order to change your perception regarding renting of cars, it will be wise trying the services from car rental in Europe.
If you are planning about attending the next La Tomatino festival in Spain, Europe, then renting a car will be extremely convenient since this makes visiting places more easier. It remains as a flexible and liberating way to see the entire Europe. It increases your independence and expands your experience of your chosen destination, leaving you with some wonderful memories.
The car rental companies present in Europe are well known because of their excellent sort of rental services which they are providing.
Some of these services are:
- One way car rentals: This one way service provides you the facility of picking up the car at one location and dropping it off at another. This is the best decision to be made for if you need options and flexibility while traveling. It’s a hassle-free service for those who knows the essence of time and money, can consider availing.
- Airport car rentals: The service provided offers different pick-up and drop-off options for the customers. The car hired from the largest companies such as Fox, Ace, Payless, Europcar, Sixt, Alamo, Budget car hire, Dollar, Avis, etc. can take you to all major airports and cities of Europe.
- Off-airport car rentals: Hiring off-airport car rental service can save both your time and money. They also help you avoiding some of the long lines that are mostly the case at European airport rental car counters. If you hire off-airport car rentals, they also help you avoiding airport rental car fees.
But renting an automobile and availing those services can be a bit tricky if you are unaware about the rules and regulations. So, below mentioned points can help you give the essential information that you should know while renting a car in Europe:
- Border Crossing: If you are in a plan to visit different European countries with a rented car, then making yourself aware about the country’s laws and regulations are vital. Never forget carrying the necessary documents such as passport, visa, driving license, vehicle registration, travel documents and a cross border fee. Each time you come across a border between two countries, then you need to show your vehicle and documents checked by the customs officers. Otherwise you can be charged, if traveling out of any agency’s non-allowing region.
- Licenses and Permits: Your driver’s license is all what you need the most while visiting Western European countries. If not, then you will be at the risk of getting fined for driving without an international permit.
- Insurance: Before taking optional insurance from a rental agency, first check the coverage from your credit card companies and auto insurance. Then read the fine print in your credit card agreement such as in your Visa, MasterCard and American Express, giving you the information in which countries they can be accepted.
All in all, hiring a car rental Europe is a superb and amazing experience. But before hiring these rental services for visiting different cities, which have their own restrictions, it’s best brushing up your knowledge first before you go.